Live music will fill the Tamworth CBD each Saturday of the warmer months with the return of Saturday Sounds.
This exciting weekly event kicks off this Saturday, and a great line up of artists have been selected to perform on the corner of Peel and Fitzroy Street, every Saturday from 10am to 12pm, continuing into the festive season.
This weekly performance will showcase a diverse range of local talent and enhance the atmosphere of Fitzroy Street Plaza as the weather warms up and the streets bustle.
“Whether you’re a local resident, soaking in the sunshine, enjoying a coffee in the heart of Tamworth’s CBD, or a visitor heading to Tamworth for your Christmas shopping, Saturday Sounds will be the perfect sound track to your weekend activities,” Tamworth Regional Council Events Officer, Melanie Jenkins said.
Among the featured artists for Saturday Sounds are:
- October 14, Jimmy Craz: Tamworth-based guitarist, singer and songwriter who prides himself on versatility and loves the challenge of playing many different styles of music
- October 21, Brother Hollow Duo: The Brother Hollow Duo of Daniel Thornton and Daniel Mountain will be performing a number of stripped back acoustic tunes.
- October 28, Carolyne Morris: Influenced by a multitude of artists and styles; she especially enjoys performing popular songs from the 50’s, 60’ and 70’s; and also showcases a broad range of classic and contemporary country music.
- 11 November, Joel Mckay: Werris Creek turned Tamworth local, Joel Mckay has spent the last 5 years playing music around most of Northern NSW.
- 18 November, Sarah Head: For two decades, Sarah Head has left her mark on the global music scene with her emotive lyrics, sensational vocals, and captivating stage presence. As a singer-songwriter based near Tamworth, she’s released two EPs.
- 25 November, Marc Jackson: This singer/songwriter revels in colouring outside the lines, and while maintaining a true respect for artists such as The Beatles, Chris Stapleton, Eddie Vedder and Elton John.
- 2 December, GOLDHEIST: GOLDHEIST is a local singer-songwriter who has performed her evocative original music across regional, outback and metropolitan Australia.
Saturday Sounds will provide an opportunity for the community to come together and enjoy live entertainment, and a vibrant atmosphere whilst they shop. Find out more