The Stand Tall event is returning to Tamworth this November, bringing together students from all over the New England to inspire positive change in their lives and build hope for the future.
For over ten years, this charity’s events have changed and saved countless lives, provided tools and confidence for young people to change course.
“Stand Tall brings fresh and unique ways to deal with suicide and to bring values of hope, resilience and forgiveness to young people,” said Jeanine Treharne, CEO and Co-Founder Stand Tall Australia.
The event returns to Tamworth for a second year, following of the back of last year’s success.
“We brought Stand Tall to the region last year in response to the hard times people have had during COVID, the bush fires and the drought,” said Jeanine.
“We felt so keen to come back to Tamworth because of the incredible response from the teachers and the student, and the gratitude for coming with our first-class event.”
The speakers for the event include:
- D Minor: award winning rap artist whose music has captured the hearts of millions worldwide.
- Bailey Seamer: Mental health advocate with incredible courage
- Tony Hoang: Joined one of the most notorious crime gangs at just 13, now anti-drug advocate
- Danny and Leila Abdallah: Parents who challenged us all with the response to forgive the drunk driver who killed their three children.
- Michael Crossland: Extraordinary man who defied the odds of life-threatening cancer to build a life of exceptional achievements.
- Joany Badenhorst: Co-captain of Australia’s 2018 Winter Paralympic Team.
- Timomatic: Australian Singer and dancer.
The Day Time event is sold out, however, tickets are still available for the Parents and Community event in the evening, which will be hosted by World Cup Winning Rugby Captain Nick Farr-Jones.
“At the event, students come away feel very inspired about their future and they learn about stepping out and stepping into their dreams, and we really want parents to encourage them in that.”
“Tickets will be available at the door, but for numbers it would be great to book beforehand.”
Stand Tall Day Time Event
9:30am to 2pm
Tamworth Regional Entertainment and Conference Centre (TRECC)
Stand Tall Parents and Community Evening
7pm to 9pm
West Tamworth League Club
Tickets $8 for 1 or $12 for 2 (book online at Community Evening Tamworth 2023 — Stand Tall (standtallevent.com)
Like what you’re reading? Support the New England Times to keep providing hyper-local news, for the New England and by the New England, pay wall free. Make a small contribution today.