Liverpool Plains Shire Council is providing a Bulky Waste only clean up in October 2023.
As part of the kerbside collection, LPSC collects large unwanted household items that cannot be donated, sold, or are too big to be disposed of in the household general waste bin. This service is available at no additional cost for all LPSC residents that currently receive a waste and recycling service.
“This is a great opportunity to Spring clean out all of those hard to move items. We just ask residents to double check that the items they are putting out for collection are on the list of acceptable items and please consider donating or recycling bulky items first, where possible,” commented Mayor Doug Hawkins.
Residents are asked to place acceptable materials for collection in front of their homes on the following collection dates (Sunday prior to collection).
15 October 2023
Zone 1: Currabubula, Quirindi, Wallabadah, Willow Tree, Werris Creek, Braefield
22 October 2023
Zone 2: Caroona, Premer, Spring Ridge, Blackville, Borambil, Pine Ridge, Walhallow
When putting out items for collection residents are reminded that their piles should be no larger than two cubic metres (equal to a small box trailer load), are tidy on the kerb and not on the road or footpath. All items should be able to be easily and safely lifted by two people and smaller items should be boxed or bagged.
These materials WILL be collected:
- Household appliances and white goods (must be degassed and all doors removed)
- Household furniture, painted wooden products and fittings
- Pottery, ceramics and chinaware
- Minor building products
- Metal waste (sorted separately and tins must be empty of any liquid)
- Other bulky household items
These materials WILL NOT be collected:
- Trade, industrial and shop wastes such as plumbing fixtures, water tanks and tiling
- Wrecked motor vehicles and motor vehicle parts
- Building and demolition materials, concrete and bricks
- Household hazardous wastes such as paints, chemicals, asbestos, solvents, cleaners and unwanted medicines
- Lengths of materials longer than 1.8 metres (excluding mattresses, lounge suites, etc.)
- Panes of glass
- Food scraps and household garbage
- Fridges, freezers and air conditioners with gas
- Paints or liquids
- Fuel or oil
- Green waste such as grass clippings, prunings, etc.
For further information about bulky waste collection in the Liverpool Plains Shire please
contact JR Richards Customer Service on 1800 836 118.
Like what you’re reading? Support the New England Times to keep providing hyper-local news, for the New England and by the New England, pay wall free. Make a small contribution today.