Now in its impressive 112th year, the Barraba Pastoral, Agricultural and Horticultural Association Inc. show in final preparations, with the gates opening at 6pm on Friday the 3rd of March.
The show begins with a family fun night on the Friday, including the Tiny & Junior Farmer Challenge, followed by a packed two days of events and attractions on the Saturday and Sunday.
- Sports shear and wool handling, and a vintage shearing display
- Cattle, wool, fat lamb and poultry judging
- Ring displays
- Mullet competition
- Mechanical bull
- Dressage, Campdraft, Showjumping and other horse events
- Static utes and Classic cars
- Mini, junior and young women and men competitions
- Animal farm and reptile display
- Dog trials
- Wood chop
- Farmer challenge
There’s also Xtreme Broncs Saturday night, side shows, face painting and plenty of food.
The Pavilion theme this year is ‘fish’, with entrants in the pavilion exhibitions from photography to cakes encouraged to enter something featuring fish.
More information including how to enter the competitions, how to get to the Barraba Show ground and the program are available on the Barraba Show’s website. http://www.barrabashow.com.au/