Moree Plains Shire Council has launched a new Small Business Fund Pilot Program to help support and stimulate eligible small businesses.
Under the program, small businesses with up to 20 employees and start-ups will be able to apply for a one-off grant of $5,000.
“Small businesses are the backbone of our Shire, bringing vibrancy to our main streets and providing employment opportunities to local people,” Deputy Mayor Susannah Pearse said.
“The Small Business Fund Pilot Program is all about encouraging the growth of these businesses, enabling them to venture out and try something new or improve their amenity.”
President of Moree District Chamber of Commerce, Dibs Cush said it was great to see Council
continuing to support local businesses.
“I encourage all eligible small businesses to consider putting forward an application.”
The grant money can be used for a wide range of business development purposes as outlined in the
guidelines and forms part of an over aching strategy under Council’s Economic Development Plan 2021-
2031 to empower local businesses.
The grant funding could be used towards:
- Business frontage upgrades (e.g., signage and painting)
- Costs associated with trialling a new business concept including renting a vacant shop space
- Business training or business advisory services (e.g., business planning)
- Business website costs
- Promotional campaigns or advertising
- Other capital infrastructure upgrades associated with business development
- Costs associated with staff recruitment or training
- Business networking events and workshops
- Payment of Council business fees and charges
- Development application charges
Applications will be considered by a panel of community and Council representatives. Whilst a cash co-contribution or in-kind contribution would be considered favourably, it is not mandatory.
Find out more by reading the Moree Plains Shire Council Small Business Fund Pilot Guidelines and downloading the Application Form.
Applications are open 23 March 2023 to 16 April 2023 (by 11.59pm) and projects must be able to be completed by 31 October 2023. You can lodge the completed application to Council by.
Mail: PO Box 420, Moree NSW 2400
In Person: Level 2, 30 Heber Street Moree NSW 2400
For any enquiries, please contact the Economic Department Team on (02) 6757 3222.
Top image: Deputy Mayor Susannah Pearse and President of the Moree District Chamber of Commerce Dibs Cush. (supplied)